The Power of a Global NetworkHow women are leveraging digitally-enabled networks and how governments can help through COVID-19
This report focuses on how women are utilizing digitally-enabled networks to manage uncertainty and how governments can support women’s entrepreneurship through COVID-19 economic recovery efforts. Leveraging lessons from women leading small businesses in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America, it explores the value for women entrepreneurs of cultivating a global network of digitally-enabled peer, professional and government advisors to overcome challenges and build an international brand. The report outlines public policy recommendations for governments to ensure that support for women’s economic empowerment and digital trade are core to COVID-19 economic recovery efforts.
with support from
New Report Explores Women Entrepreneurs’ Use of Digitally-Enabled Networks
NFTC’s Global Innovation Forum launched a new report in partnership with Intuit, The Power of a Global Network: How women are leveraging digitally-enabled networks and how governments can help through COVID-19.
Roundtable on digital trade and women’s entrepreneurship with Congresswomen Eshoo and McMorris-Rodgers
On November 19, 2020, Intuit and the Global Innovation Forum hosted a discussion with U.S. Congresswomen Anna Eshoo and Cathy McMorris-Rodgers. The private roundtable explored how small businesses are using digital tools and trade to manage uncertainty during the pandemic and how to prioritize support for women’s entrepreneurship in U.S. economic recovery efforts.
Participants in the discussion included
- Allison DeVane, Founder, Teaspressa, a Phoenix, Arizona-based purveyor of tea with the body and robust flavor of coffee.
- Dana Donofree, Founder, AnaOno, a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based lingerie and loungewear line created specifically for those who’ve been affected by breast cancer and its related surgeries.
- LaJuanna Russell, Founder & President, Business Management Associates, an Alexandria, Virginia-based consulting firm specializing in operational HR, grants management and records management for government agencies.
- Jamie Deering, CEO, Deering Banjo, the Spring Valley, California-based largest manufacturer of banjos.
- Tiara Flynn, President & CEO, Sumnu Marketing, a Las Vegas, Nevada-based firm that focuses on providing permanent marketing communications solutions for small businesses.
- Ana Cecilia Flores, Co-Founder & CMO, Webee Corporation, a Mountain View, California-based tech company focused on streamlining knowledge through data automation.
- Kimberly Smith, Founder & CEO, Marjani Beauty, a Washington, DC-based cosmetics e-commerce boutique for women of color with a curated selection of products from across the globe.
- Kavita Shukla, Co-Founder & CEO, The FRESHGLOW Co., a Columbia, Maryland-based company and creator of FreshPaper sheets designed to keep fruits & veggies fresh for up to 2-4x longer.
Private discussion on women’s entrepreneurship with Canada’s Economic Development Minister Mélanie Joly
On June 26, 2020, Intuit Canada and the Global Innovation Forum hosted a private, high-level discussion on women’s entrepreneurship with Canada’s Economic Development Minister Mélanie Joly and select Canadian business leaders. The discussion built on the themes outlined in the report and highlighted how the Government of Canada is continuing to drive women’s entrepreneurship during its economic recovery.
Participants in the discussion included:
Nadia Sapiro, Throughline Strategies; Jenn Harper, Cheekbone Beauty Cosmetics; Shelley Jones, Dignify; Ruth Elnekave, Joya; Dominique Voyer, Pharmaprix; Rachel Weinstein, Rachel Weinstein Coaching; Glenna Sandy, Hair By Glenna; Sade Baron, SadeBaron; Sunshine Tenasco, Her Braids; Cheryll Watson, Alberta Innovation Corridor; Sibylle Cox, Hub Paper Co; Allison Lockett, Allison Lockett Coaching; Nicole Verkindt, OMX; Lina Khalifeh, SheFighter; Ayanna Lee-Rivears, Socacize Fitness; Kathleen Holland, KMH Associates; Evelyne Nyairo, Ellie Bianca; Carrie Jones, TCJones; Milveen Eke-Allen, Pampered Post.