Date & Time
Friday, October 24, 2014
8:45 AM - 1:15 PM EDT
1 Canada Square
Please fill out the form below to RSVP. For more information, or if you are having trouble submitting an RSVP via the form, please contact Jamaica Gayle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Friday, October 24, 8:45-13:15 @ Level 39
RSVP — Scroll down to RSVP
The Global Innovation Forum and Level 39 present a workshop for startups and small businesses looking to engage internationally in partnership with Intuit, Fried Frank, Techstars, Select USA, UKTI and UCL.
This forum will bring globally-minded startups and small businesses, technology-enablers and public policymakers together to –
- Highlight how small businesses and entrepreneurs can benefit from engaging in foreign markets,
- Provide opportunities to hear from and interact with startups who are already doing business across the Atlantic and globally,
- Feature advice from global platforms and providers who enable entrepreneurs to expand their reach internationally,
- Emphasize how the U.S and UK governments can assist in entrepreneurs’ overseas journeys, and explore what other governments are doing around the world to encourage and attract global entrepreneurs.
Discussants will include –
- Sherry Coutu, Entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist
- Jo Bertram, General Manager, Uber UK
- Jon Bradford, Managing Director, Techstars London
- Bethany Koby, CEO and Co-founder, Technology Will Save Us
- Katie Cannon, Retail & Export Manager, Sugru
- Danny Keir, Director, Artist & Label Services, Sound Diplomacy
- Daniel Glazer, Co-lead, Technology Transactions Group, Fried Frank
- Lindsey Grossman, Senior Manager, Global Public Policy, Intuit
- Alasdair McGowan, Director, Government Relations UK, eBay Inc
- John Breidenstine, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, U.S. Commercial Service
- Keith Moses, Tech City Adviser – UK Trade & Investment
- Eric Van der Kleij, Head of Level 39
- Jake Colvin, Executive Director, Global Innovation Forum
October 24, 2014
8:45-9:15 Registration and coffee
9:15-9:30 Welcome remarks – Level 39 and Global Innovation Forum
9:30-11:00 Identifying challenges and opportunities for globally-minded startups and small businesses with Uber UK, Sound Diplomacy, Sugru (invited), eBay Inc. and Fried Frank.
11:00-12:30 Understanding and evaluating the role of governments in helping startups to access overseas markets with Intuit, Technology Will Save Us, Techstars London, SelectUSA and UK Trade & Investment.
12:30-1:30 Networking lunch and Keynote conversation with entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist Sherry Coutu
Personalized consulting and mentoring sessions
Representatives from government agencies, Fried Frank and Intuit will be on hand to answer questions and provide individual advice.