Date & Time
Thursday, May 10, 2018
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM EDT
1015 15th St. NW
Please fill out the form below to RSVP. For more information, or if you are having trouble submitting an RSVP via the form, please contact Jamaica Gayle at email@example.com.
Bookings are closed for this event.
RSVP below to join PayPal and NFTC’s Global Innovation Forum for a morning conversation, breakfast and coffee with small business leaders, senior government officials and global technology companies to discuss “Small Business in 2018: Digital, Global, and Diverse” on Thursday, May 10 from 9:00 – 11:00AM. The forum will explore how technology is changing the landscape of small businesses in the global economy. We are pleased to partner with Make Offices, who will host the event in their K Street community space.
9:00AM – Registration and coffee, pastries and scones from Compass Coffee
9:30AM – Exploring small businesses use of technology to go global, featuring —
- Nikki Gentry, Founder, My Dreamlines, O’Fallon, MO (Personal sketches of wedding dresses for anniversary gifts)
- Abe Gonzalez, Owner and Founder, RPC Global, Houston, TX (IT asset disposal and computer electronics recycling)
- Gustav Reyes, Artist and Owner, Simply Wood Rings, Chicago, IL (Eco-friendly wood wedding rings)
- Lisa Jones-Smith, Founder and Executive Director, Worldwide Group Travel, Mount Sinai, NY (Destination weddings, group travel and events)
- Moderated by Claire Pillsbury, Deputy Director, Global Innovation Forum
10:15AM – Lessons for maximizing the cross-border opportunity, featuring —
- DeVere Kutscher, Senior Advisor, Small Business Roundtable
- Melissa Netram, Director, Business Regulatory Affairs and Policy, Corporate Affairs, Intuit
- Melissa O’Malley, Director, Global Initiatives, PayPal
- James Sullivan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Services, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Moderated by Jake Colvin, Executive Director, Global Innovation Forum