Date & Time
Friday, July 31, 2020
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM CEST
Please fill out the form below to RSVP. For more information, or if you are having trouble submitting an RSVP via the form, please contact Jamaica Gayle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Note that this webinar will take place at 15:00 Central European Time, 9:00 AM Eastern Time
Please join the National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC) and the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) for a webinar hosted in support of the World Trade Organization (WTO) negotiations on trade-related aspects of e-commerce to explore the enabling role of expanded services market access.
The event will include a moderated panel with experts and industry leaders engaged in trade in services related to e-commerce to discuss the priority service sectors core to e-commerce and the key benefits of enshrining open cross-border trade in services to the global e-commerce ecosystem.
- Salvatore Vetrini, Senior Attorney, FedEx
- Eunice Huang, Trade Policy Manager, Google
- Ari Giovenco, Manager of Customs & Trade, Amazon
- Arun Venkataraman, Senior Director of Global Engagement, Visa
- Tilmann Kupfer, Vice President of Trade and International Affairs, BT Group
Topics to be discussed include:
- The importance of services market access commitments to promoting open and competitive markets for e-commerce-related services and service providers;
- The expansive benefits of these commitments, including allowing micro, small, and medium-sized businesses (MSMEs) to access global markets and enabling their economic success, particularly in developing economies; and
- How the WTO can ensure the private sector is able to compete on a level playing field across all elements of the e-commerce ecosystem, including by facilitating access to services in sectors including computer-related services, advertising, logistics and delivery services, distributions, telecommunications and electronic payments.
Additional details, including a list of speakers and a link to join the webinar, will be sent to confirmed participants prior to the event.