From Platforms to Payments
8:30 PM – 10:00 PM EST
The modernization of online services to support cross-border business presents significant opportunities for MSMEs in the APEC region. Women entrepreneurs and women-owned enterprises, in particular, can benefit from greater access to digitally-enabled tools and e-commerce resources provided by both the private and public sectors. Understanding the keys to success for women entrepreneurs engaged in cross-border e-commerce will allow best practices to be replicated across the APEC region and provide tools to enhance capacity-building for women entrepreneurs in APEC developing member economies.
Please join the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Small and Medium Enterprises Working Group (SMEWG) for a virtual workshop to examine key opportunities for APEC women entrepreneurs in cross-border e-commerce and explore solutions to the major challenges to growing a business through online channels.
During the workshop:
- Women entrepreneurs will provide insights to achieve commercial success through cross-border e-commerce;
- Private sector representatives will offer detailed, technical examples of tools and resources that directly benefit women e-commerce entrepreneurs; and
- Policymakers will outline policies, programs, and government resources that are designed to support women entrepreneurs in e-commerce.
Additional details, including a list of speakers and a link to join the webinar, will be sent to confirmed participants prior to the event.
The workshop will be organized by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the Global Innovation Forum. For questions about logistics, please contact Ms. Jamaica Gayle (email@example.com).
- Kazue Chinen, Economic Policy Advisor, Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues, U.S. Department of State
Panel 1: Perspectives from women entrepreneurs on e-commerce opportunities in the APEC region
- Moderator: Jamaica Gayle, Executive Director, Global Innovation Forum
- Thuy Nguyen, Co-Founder, Bobi Craft
- Josefina Urzaiz, Founder, Cielo Hammocks
Panel 2: Best practices for using digital tools and technologies for cross-border e-commerce.
- Maria Luisa Boyce, Vice President, Global Public Affairs, UPS
- Kate Kalutkiewicz, Head, U.S. Trade Policy, Amazon
- Caitlin McDonnell, Senior Director and Head of International Affairs for Global Government Engagement, Visa
Panel 3: Economy Spotlight: Viet Nam
- Moderator: Caroline Kaufman, International Trade Specialist, Office of Supply Chain, Professional, and Business Services, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Nguyen Tung Anh, Deputy Director of the SME Support Division, Agency for Enterprise Development, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Viet Nam
- Tricia Van Orden, Project Overseer, U.S. Department of Commerce
Bookings are closed for this event.
Economic Policy Advisor, Secretary’s Office of Global Women’s Issues
U.S. Department of State
Maria Luisa Boyce
Vice President, Global Public Affairs
Head, U.S. Trade Policy
Senior Director & Head of International Affairs, Global Government Engagement
Nguyen Tung Anh
Deputy Director of the SME Support Division
Agency for Enterprise Development, Ministry of Planning and Investment, Viet Nam
International Trade Specialist, Office of Supply Chain, Professional, and Business Services
U.S. Department of Commerce
Global Innovation Forum
Tricia Van Orden
Acting Director, Trade Promotion Coordinating Committee Secretariat, ITA
U.S. Department of Commerce